Mar 9, 2014

Rockjewel votes for sample to be permanent at The Devil Wears Polish

My intentions for today's blog was to show Dark Choclate Raspberry from The Devil Wears Polish. Unfortunately the photos were a total failure! The lovely chocolate color with the raspberry shimmer turned into an almost blurple color with not so much shimmer. 
Instead I decided to try the bonus polish I got with the shipment. Big thanks for that TDWP, from all three of us! :-) And it is soooo beautiful!!
The _name_ is Prototype Sample... I am trying to come up with a better name, I'm going to try and convince TDWP to put this into production, it is so lovely!!

 The formula is not perfect, but absolutely ok. It dries a bit too fast in my opinion so you need to work fast when applying it. I put a few drops of thinner in it and that made it easier to apply the second coat. 
The polish has a red-toned base leaning almost to brick-red. But there is also a touch of burgundy in it, which unfortunately takes over a bit in the photos, making it look a bit too similar to Femme Fatale Ruby Hare. It is not. I actually think this is even more beautiful than Ruby Hare.
The holo is strong, fine-grained and shifts in many colors. At least that is shown very well in the pics. As said: two coats, very close to a one-coater. 







1 comment: