Mar 18, 2014

Rockjewel thinks of Skagen with Lilypad Lacquer Where Oceans meet

As far as I know I have been at two places where oceans meet: Skagen in Denmark and Cape Agulhas in South Africa. 
The trip to South Africa was spectacular and I would very much like to return some day. I have been back in the country on business, but that was in the northern parts. Lovely that too, with safari and all, but the Cape area is special. A dream vacation would be a week in Umlani Bush Camp in the Timbavati Reserve followed byt two weeks in the Cape area. Must buy a lottery ticket...

Back to Skagen. This trip was not that spectacular but still left me with a lot of nice memories. I was there many years ago for an extended weekend with an old friend and our mothers. It was a really nice and relaxing weekend and since my friend's mother is no longer with us and my mother is old and her memory is deteriorating it is always nice to think back to this weekend when both of them where still with us in body and mind.

Back to the subject for this blog, Lilypad Lacquer Where Oceans Meet.

This is a multichrome polish that shifts from forrest green to bright turquoise and a hint of dark blurple too, although difficult to catch. I managed to get some outdoors photos in the setting sun so some of the colors got stuck on the memory stick, but the indoors photos mostly show the green nuances. 
There is not only chrome-ness in the polish, there is also some shimmer that I actually managed to capture in some of the pics. 

The formula is a bit on the sheer side. I have black undies, two coats of Where Oceans Meet and Orly Sec'N Dry on top. I think it would be enough with three coats of WOM if you decide to go commando ;-) 











No comments:

Post a Comment