Dec 18, 2013

Rockjewel is frankening... franking... franks... Ehhh whatever...

Sometimes you buy a nail polish that is beautiful but not, if you know what I mean. I am a bit irritated on nail polishes that looks really good when swatched by skilled bloggers but when you buy it you realise that you should have read the text on the blog and not only looked at the photos. 
Most often it is a polish that is really sheer and thin and the blogger had on "undies", but I missed that part... Don't get me wrong, it is nothing wrong with these polishes, they are most often really beautiful. With "undies". They are quite boring on their own. 
I do not have it in me to first put on a base coat, then one or two coats of a base colour, then one or two coats with the sheer polish and finally a top coat on this. Makes your nails look too thick and never dries all through before I have to go to bed. Yes, you get my point, don't you?

Today I got nail mail from a sell and swap group on Facebook. In it were some really nice items, and one of these polishes. It was an Ozotic. Seen them swatched, missed the facts about them. 
Well I decided to use it as a base for some homecooked polish. I added a mix of purple, black-blue, burgundy and bronze mica and shook it hartily. 
This is the result. It is a bit messy, and there are some small lumps that maybe another round of shaking can solve, but I like the colour very much!













2 comments: